SC-400T00: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
Skip to Scheduled Dates
Learn how to protect information in your Microsoft 365 deployment. This course focuses on data governance and information protection within your organization. The course covers implementation of data loss prevention policies, sensitive information types, sensitivity labels, data retention policies and Microsoft message encryption among other related topics. The course was designed for the Information Protection Administrator job role. A person in this role plans and implements controls that meet organizational data compliance needs. They are responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. The course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft Information Protection Administrator exam (SC-400).
Who Should Attend
The Information Protection Administrator plans and implements controls that meet organizational compliance needs. This person is responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. They assist organizational control owners to become and stay compliant. They work with information technology (IT) personnel, business application owners, human resources, and legal stakeholders to implement technology that supports policies and controls necessary to sufficiently address regulatory requirements for their organization. They also work with the compliance and security leadership such as a Chief Compliance Officer and Security Officer to evaluate the full breadth of associated enterprise risk and partner to develop those policies. This person defines applicable requirements and tests IT processes and operations against those policies and controls. They are responsible for creating policies and rules for content classification, data loss prevention, governance, and protection.
- Explain and use sensitivity labels.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Secure messages with Microsoft Purview
- Describe the information governance configuration process.
- Define key terms associated with Microsoft’s information protection and governance solutions.
- Explain the Content explorer and Activity explorer.
- Describe how to use sensitive information types and trainable classifiers.
- Review and analyze DLP reports.
- Identify and mitigate DLP policy violations.
- Describe the integration of DLP with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
- Deploy Endpoint DLP
- Describe records management
- Configure event driven retention
- Import a file plan
- Configure retention policies and labels
- Create custom keyword dictionaries
- Implement document fingerprinting
1 - Implement Information Protection in Microsoft Purview
- Introduction to information protection in Microsoft Purview
- Classify data for protection and governance
- Create and manage sensitive information types
- Describe Microsoft 365 encryption
- Deploy message encryption with Microsoft Purview
- Protect information in Microsoft Purview
- Apply and manage sensitivity labels
2 - Implement Data Loss Prevention
- Prevent Data loss with Microsoft Purview
- Implement Endpoint data loss prevention
- Configure DLP policies for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps and Power Platform
- Manage DLP policies and reports in Microsoft Purview
3 - Implement Data Lifecycle and Records Management
- Data Lifecycle Management in Microsoft Purview
- Manage data retention in Microsoft 365 workloads
- Manage records in Microsoft Purview
< Back to Course Search
Class times are listed Eastern time
‘GTR’ = Guaranteed to Run
This is a 3-day class
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM