Skip to Scheduled Dates
To meet the demands of individuals and organizations for flexible, reusable, and easily modified visual content, Adobe Systems has created a cadre of applications that collectively provide a scalable, end-to-end solution for nearly every type of visual design project one can contemplate. Called Creative Cloud™ (CC), the collection of applications perform specialized design tasks while interoperating among each other to deliver superlative content. This course covers the Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC objectives to help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities and who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
- Identify the components and capabilities of Illustrator CC.
- Create basic shapes
- Create custom paths.
- Create graphics that contain custom text.
- Customize objects.
- Customize basic shapes.
- Prepare documents for deployment.
- Draw complex illustrations.
- Enhance artwork by using painting tools.
- Customize colors and swatches.
- Format type.
- Enhance the appearance of artwork.
- Prepare content for deployment.
- Set up project requirements.
1 - Introducing Illustrator CC
- Apply Design Principles, Elements, and Graphics Composition
- Evaluate Graphics Scalability
- Navigate the User Interface
- Customize the User Interface
2 - Creating Documents Containing Basic Shapes
- Create Documents
- Save Documents
- Draw Basic Shapes
3 - Creating Documents Containing Customized Paths
4 - Creating Graphics Containing Customized Text
- Insert Text
- Apply Flow Text Along a Path
- Insert Bounded and Threaded Text
- Apply Text Styles
- Insert Typographical Characters
5 - Customizing Objects
- Import, Place, and Link Graphics
- Alter the Appearance of Objects
6 - Customizing Basic Shapes
- Apply Strokes and Brushes
- Fill Shapes
- Apply Graphics Styles
- Distort Text with Text Envelopes
7 - Preparing Documents for Deployment
- Update Text
- Wrap Text
- Hyphenate Text
- Optimize Content for Print
- Optimize Content for the Web
- Optimize Content for PDF Documents
8 - Drawing Complex Illustrations
- Apply the Grid, Guides, and Info Panel
- Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Organize Artwork with Layers
- Create a Perspective Drawing
- Trace Artwork
9 - Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
- Paint Objects Using Fills and Strokes
- Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Paint with Custom Brushes
- Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Apply Meshes to Objects
- Apply Patterns
10 - Customizing Colors and Swatches
- Manage Colors
- Customize Swatches
- Manage Color Groups
- Adjust Color
11 - Formatting Type
- Set Character Formats
- Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
12 - Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
- Apply Effects to an Object
- Create Graphic Styles
- Apply a Mask to an Object
- Apply Symbols and Symbol Sets
13 - Preparing Content for Deployment
- Prepare Artwork for Printing
- Prepare Transparency and Colors for Printing
- Create Slices and Image Maps
- Save Graphics for the Web
- Prepare Documents for Video
- Prepare Files for Other Applications
14 - Setting Project Requirements
- Identify the Purpose, Audience, and Audience Needs
- Determine and Evaluate Standard Copyright Rules for Artwork, Graphics, and Graphics Use
- Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities