Skip to Scheduled Dates
In this course, students will learn how to support and configure Windows desktops in an organizational environment. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install, customize, and update Windows 10 and later operating systems. Students will learn how to managing storage, files, and devices as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows. Students will also learn how to secure the Windows OS and protect the data on the device. Finally, students will learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows clients.
Who Should Attend
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 and later core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
- Install and customize Windows clients
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network and remote management settings in Windows.
- Configure and manage browsers and applications in Windows.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Describe methods for securing Windows client, common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Troubleshoot Windows and application installations.
- Troubleshoot hardware and driver issues.
- Troubleshoot file issues and perform recoveries.
1 - Installing Windows
- Introducing Windows Client
- Windows Client Editions and Requirements
- Installation Methods
- Upgrading and Migrating Windows Clients
- Deployment Methods
2 - Configuring Authorization & Authentication
- Managing Users and Groups
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
3 - Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
- Configure and Customize the Windows Start Menu
- Common Configuration Options
- Advanced Configuration Methods
- Managing Drivers and Devices
4 - Updating Windows
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
5 - Configuring Networking
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
6 - Configuring Storage
- Managing Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
7 - Configuring Data Access and Usage
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing User Files
8 - Managing Apps in Windows Client
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- Managing the Microsoft Edge Browser
9 - Configuring Threat Protection and Advanced Security
- Malware and Threat Protection
- Windows Defender
- Connection Security Rules
- Advanced Protection Methods
10 - Supporting the Windows Client Environment
- Windows Architecture
- Support and Diagnostic Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
11 - Troubleshooting Files & Applications
- File Recovery in Windows
- Application Troubleshooting
12 - Troubleshooting the OS
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
13 - Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures